Work For Studio ARTES
Studio ARTES is a not-for profit organization that strives to positively impact the lives of adults living with a disability. Established in 2000, Studio ARTES was developed as an alternative to existing service provision, in response to a recognised need in the community – to provide artistic enrichment for people with a disability in a post-schooling context.
Today, Studio ARTES is a unique organisation that provides tailor-made creative development and life skills for adults living with a wide range of disabilities. Through Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Life Skills, we support over 150 members to be active and valued members of the community, to develop their artistry and contribute to the wider arts communities, and to find meaning in everyday life.
Through focusing on individuals and their wants, needs and desires, Studio ARTES delivers over 60 unique sessions across many art forms and life skills. Our members gain a sense of belonging, increased confidence, the acquisition of vital life skills, artistic development, and everyday enjoyment from being a valued member of the Studio ARTES family.
CASUAL WORK AVAILABLE
MUSICIANS, DANCERS, ARTISTS, DESIGNERS, TRAINERS, SUPPORT WORKERS – WE WANT YOU!
We are looking for people with all types of talents to join our casual staff at Studio ARTES!
Studio ARTES runs creative programs for Adults with disabilities, our members think a good staff member is;
• Understanding that everyone is different
So in light of that; Applicants must have:
• Experience in, or passion to work with people with disability to reach their potential, learn and create.
• At least ONE funny bone (note: may or may not be of a sarcastic nature, jokes submitted with resumes will be accepted
• And one or more of the below;
• In depth knowledge of ABBA, Grease, rugby league, karaoke, art galleries, shopping, Home and Away and Michael Jackson
• Ability to teach and show others how to paint, sew, weave, craft, edit, film, act, sing, play, read, write, swim, play or dance.
All applicants must be able to obtain a Criminal Record Check, and commit to some self learning on working with people with disability prior to start .
Desirable but not essential:
• Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
• First Aid Certificate
• Disability Qualifications (or desire to achieve them)
• RSA licence
• A Drivers Licence and Comprehensive Insured vehicle that you would be happy to use on program when required.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you, please send us your resume, and a cover letter introducing yourself, and we will get in touch shortly! Your cover letter must address the following questions
• What days and hours you are available (regular and one off shifts)
• Any experience you have with disability
• Tell us about some of your creative skills and passions you can bring to our team.
• What interests you in being part of the Studio ARTES team?
• How did you hear about us?
About working at Studio ARTES
You can see the breadth of programming we do here at Studio ARTES by visiting the programs page on our website http://www.studioartes.org.au/our-programs/ and check out our facebook page @studioartes.
Core work hours are 9-3 (1/2 hour lunch), with additional work available early mornings and late afternoons here at the studio. Community Access work is also available some evenings and weekends.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject header JOB APPLICATION