Performing Arts Facilitator, Dance.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to assist in the delivery of our dance program. The successful candidate will have suitable dance training (in any style/s), and experience in teaching and creating performance pieces. Importantly, the individual will be able to adapt to changing environments and be flexible to work within other performing arts genres when required. Previous training or experience working with people with a disability is desired but not essential. If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a team that encourages and celebrates individuality and creativity then we look forward to meeting you!
Responsibilities of the role:
• Planning, preparation, and implementation of creative and unique dance sessions that target individual needs
• Develop and collaborate with members and other staff to build performance pieces
• Implementation of positive behaviour support techniques and assisting in designing specific strategies
• Support members with respect through choice and support throughout their time at Studio ARTES
• Documentation and reporting on programs and individual goals
• Motivation and flexibility to work in various capacities across the performing arts and in all other programs
• Assisting participants with personal care and support those in wheelchairs
• Attending and assisting with Studio ARTES events and performances throughout the year
• Abiding by and ensuring that Studio ARTES policies, procedures and code of conduct are followed
• Assist in transporting members by driving the Studio ARTES van or other vehicle
• A degree or diploma in creative arts, performance or dance, or equivalent training and experience (any genre/s)
• Experience in teaching dance and creating performance
• Passion and drive to work in the arts and disability industry
• Desired – P2 or black driver’s license
• Desired – Certificate 4 or higher (diploma or degree) in community service, disability, education, aged care or social work, or experience in working with people with a disability
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Rebecca Canty, Manager of Performing Arts.